Oct 6, 2019

Playing with our Food in Yakutat, AK... Day 4

We had received some very frustrating news when we arrived on Friday afternoon. Our scheduled fly out had been cancelled because one of the pilots had quit, but when we returned from our sightseeing trip Sunday evening we had a message to call Yakutat Coastal Airlines. Ten spots had opened up for Monday if we wanted them... and we did!!! So Monday we met early at the hangar and took the 25 minute flight to the Akwe River where our pilot (Hans) landed right on the bank and put us right on top of the fish.

Subscribe to the Utah Big Game Odds blog, enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Left to right: My brother-in-law, my brother, my dad, me, my brother-in-law


Fishing was fast and furious and I had the time of my life battling silver salmon fresh from the ocean on my fly rod. I had tied a bunch of purple/pink bunny leach patterns that worked very well. Here are a handful of the ones I tied, along with the YouTube video that I followed.




Subscribe below to get notified when all the pics from the second half of our Alaska trip get published and if you haven't seen the previous days, check out:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Subscribe to the Utah Big Game Odds blog, enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Popular Posts